RE: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter

Subject: RE: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 10:15:33 +0100
At 20:39 16/10/99 -0500, Chip Stratton wrote:
>Yes, but if you look at an OM4 shutter curtain, there is not an obvious
center
>weighting to the pattern of white. This suggests to me that in this camera at
>least, the centerweighting is largely a product of the field of view of the
>metering photodiode.

The OM4 brochure illustrates how the spot/centre-weighted metering works
using only one diode with switchable characteristics so in the OM4' case at
least the characteristics of the sensor determine the metering pattern.

Thinking about it, if in the case of the OM2 the metering pattern were
determined by the pattern on the shutter curtain what happens during long
OTF exposures?  Film doesn't have the same reflectance pattern, so OTF
metering would become average instead of centre-weighted.  I'm with Chip on
this one.

Regards
Richard

Richard Ross