Re: [OM] ... graduated fliters...

Subject: Re: [OM] ... graduated fliters...
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 14:19:03 EDT

>  Why can't I just use the spotmeter on my OM4Ti and take readings off the
>  landscape parts ? The 4Ti has TTL metering. So why the technique of
removing
>  then fitting the filter  again ?
>
>  TMLee

Unless you move the filter around (up and down), spot reading you take might
be in theND part, clear part, or bourndary between the ND and clear part.
Even if you move the spotmeter around, it won't be clear what compensation
you need because the same part of the ND filter will be over the spot.  This
is why the fixed circular ND grad filters present a problem with correct
exposure because you can't move the grad area around. With fixed filters
(which I like to carry around despite their fixed gradation), the solution is
to bracket your exposures.

Warren