Re: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 13:09:38 -0700
=====The method for weighting the meter was elegant in its simplicity.  The
curtain has a pattern of white spots on the lens side.  The light
reflected off the white areas and little reflected off the black
curtain.  How the white spots were distributed determined the
weighting.  On the averaged pattern, the white was randomly placed
around the whole area of the curtain.  On the center weighted camera,
there are a greater proportion of spots in the center area.=====

Hi,

Yes I was aware of the pattern on the curtain and that it was changed
in later models of the OM2 (no n).
National Geographic preferred the earlier pattern and according to John H.
they bought up a supply of these curtains when the new ones came out.
It gave rise to another question which is basically what we are discussing
now.
The answer seems to be that OTF is average metering and only
OTC is center weighted.  There is no construct in the meter itself to
center weight the reading other than the curtain pattern.  That would mean
that
TTL flash photo's are average readings so no comparison is warranted.
Thanks to all who responded for clearing this up for me.

Charlie L.
PS: The exposures are terrific no matter how it works.