Re: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 06:39:56 -0400
Regarding center vs. average weight on OM-2/2n shutter curtain patterns
Richard said:

"The same thing must apply to ESP metering on the OM-40 with longer than
'instantaneous' exposures. Looks like you'd have to switch to manual and
set
the indicated speed for an exposure of longer than 1/30th(?) to make use
of
centre weighting or ESP."

No, I don't think so.  According to Shipman the single sensor has both
center and edge zones.  I also checked the pattern on my own OP-PC's
(40) shutter curtain and it is definitely an averaging pattern.
Therefore, the shutter curtain and film should give the same results.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA