Re: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:37:20 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/99 10:25:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Yes, but if you look at an OM4 shutter curtain, there is not an obvious
> center
>  weighting to the pattern of white. This suggests to me that in this camera
> at
>  least, the centerweighting is largely a product of the field of view of the
>  metering photodiode.
>
>  Is the early OM2 meter definitely not center-weighted?

I always thought that the early OM-2 models were centerweighted when
measuring off the curtain, and full frame averaging when metering off the
film. So as shutter speeds got longer the amount of center weighting
gradually diminished. With the change to the new curtain pattern I thought
the center weighting was somehow built in to the way the photo cells read teh
light, so there is the same amount of center weighting at all shutter speeds.

Then again, I could be wrong...

Paul Schings