Re: [OM] OM2, OM4 meter patterns

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2, OM4 meter patterns
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:54:12 EDT
In a message dated 10/18/1999 10:14:51 AM EST, pling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> It is impossible that the OM-4 meter the curtain in manual mode, there is a
>  sub-mirror under the main mirror (half mirror), check the camera yourself
>  you will know.

Yes, you are correct. The metering is actually done off the sub-mirror.

>>  In "Auto" mode the exposure is Off-The-Film center-weighted averaging
>>  *during exposure*.

>  In auto mode, the exposure is mainly OTC at higher shutter speed. At slower
>  speed it is mainly OTF, which is divided at about 1/60s. Spot mode is also
>  "Off the sub-mirror" not the film or curtain.

My reference for the above statement was an article by Maitani himself where
he makes no distinction between exposures of different speeds, he just states
it is "OTF" period.

>  You are not confusing anyone but yourself.
>  C.H.Ling

Thank you very much for the cheap shot, you show your lack of class
beautifully.

George S.