Re: [OM] Re: Status of the EOS 1n from Camera World of Oregon

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Status of the EOS 1n from Camera World of Oregon
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:45:56 -0700
Cc: dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Certainly if someone wanted it bad enough off this page I would end the
auction for them.

Sam -- the consensus in this functional anarchy seems to be that people offer Olympus items here to list members, first-come, at a FIXED price before auctioning them. Hovewer, people have been roundly flamed for trying to turn this list into an auction, with ads like "best offer over $$$," which tends to pit list members against each other.

In Sam's defense, he's selling a rare and expensive item, for which it is difficult to come up with a fair market value. (You just don't take an average of all the ones for sale on KEH, or even all the ones for sale in Shutterbug! :-) I don't blame him for wanting to maximize the return on his investment. He'll probably get more for it than I paid for my last car!

(Bet you don't end up selling your EOS at a profit someday, Sam! :-)

I've been looking for one of these for a year, but probably not at eBay prices. I'd love to get one near the Farrar list's low end, but this one is over $1k on the first day -- my bet is it will go over the Farrar high end.

Good luck, Sam -- it'll be interesting to see what it finally goes for.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>