Re: [OM] Re: Leonid Meteor Shower

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Leonid Meteor Shower
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:59:57 -0500
Acer Victoria wrote:

> Jerry, could you refer me to any particular magazines/articles/resources
> for this? I'd love to try, both with my Zuiks and mum's camcorder :-)
>
> /Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria

The November issue of Sky and Telescope is in magazine racks now.  It
has an excellent article on the Leonids.  The picture on page 30 shows
just how much can be captured just with a 50mm lense on an equatorial
mount tracking the stars for 10 minutes.  Be careful you might get
hooked by another hobby!  By the way the OM1 with its mirror lock up and
lack of batteries to fail is a favorite of amature astronomers.

Jerry Liles