Re: [OM] soft touch shutter release?

Subject: Re: [OM] soft touch shutter release?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:39:27 -0400
"Soft releases" dramatically raise the profile of the release button which
is usually protected from unusual impact.  The soft release is the first
thing to get hit when pressure is put on the top cover, and this often
breaks off release levers in the wind mechanism.
Of special note is that the lever in the 2 and 2N that breaks off is long
gone and out of production.