Re:Chris , Chris [OM] om-4 disaster continues!

Subject: Re:Chris , Chris [OM] om-4 disaster continues!
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 23:04:54 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris C <yj.canavos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 10:12 PM
Subject: [OM] om-4 disaster continues!

Is there anyone local repair center that can inspect the camera in your area
, that is knowledgeable in Olympus.  Run it by there.

 Sometimes is you call the promoter of the show and you remember the
location of the table.  They can trace to see who the dealer is. I would try
this first above anything else.  The cost of a broken camera is
substantially less than a good working camera and perhaps he could refund
the total or repair cost.

Olympus no longer repairs the OM-4 and  I believe the circuit board is no
longer available.  I would try and locate the dealer.  A  dealer should know
his equipment , unless he purchased the camera on that day.

If you can get a hold of him perhaps he can cover the repair.  Did you ask
for any warranty or guarantee?

Other route is to send it in for a free estimate in the United States.  Send
it to a repair facility with a good reputation.  John Hermansen in NY and
there is a facility in TX by the name of Photosphere.  Perhaps there opinion
will elevate some stress and it maybe a simple problem.

Sam ...