Re: [OM] Metering with variable f-stop zoom?

Subject: Re: [OM] Metering with variable f-stop zoom?
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:07:18 -0700
Should be fine to use as-is (no compensation required) AFAIK. (I use a
Tamron 60-300 f3.8/5.4 variable f-stop zoom on my OM2s but I usually
shoot in Auto). Anyone, please correct me if this is the wrong way of
thinking...

Reason I think all should be well is that the variable f-stop is a
function of how much light the lens passes at a given focal length. The
meter "sees" the same thing you do (which is the finder brightness
darkening as you zoom out towards the longer focal length).

That's my take on it anyway...HTH

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com