Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Use of remarks (was Green Flash)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Use of remarks (was Green Flash)
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:37:31 -0600
At 06:17 PM 10/20/99 +0200, Chris Barker wrote:
>Garth
>
>Very amusing apology (although I had not realised that you had made a mistake).
>However, I was most impressed with the use of the word "excoriate" - nice one.
>
>Chris
>
>~~ ><>
>Chris Barker
>Mailto: cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx & mailto: cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>----------
>> Oh, *man*.
>>
>> After having written my previous missive re: the Green Hornet et al., I
>> finished my coffee, went and had a shower, and realized that a lot of the
>> subsidiary info I offered about the Green Hornet was either dead wrong or,
>> at the least, misleading.

Oh, what the Hell (again today).  The errors I think I made are:

1.  I couldn't remember whether it was the Green Hornet or the Green Lantern
(why do they have to give all these superheroes such similar names?);
2.  I couldn't remember whether Billy Zane starred in a feature film within the
last few years for either of those characters;
3.  I'm not sure of the timing of the television series (but I really thought
it was early 60s, just a couple of years after Bruce Lee came to the U.S. from
Hong Kong); and
4.  Thinking about the prolific nature of the comic-book industry, I'm *very*
unsure that the Green Hornet was the only major superhero-type figure whose
story was never made into a feature film (what about the X-Men and all their
ilk?).

The places your mind wanders in the wee small hours...  need more caffeine!

Garth