Re: [OM] Off Camera Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Off Camera Flash
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:12:18 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/99 7:57:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
glenngarza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Please excuse me if this is an old covered topic, but is there a cord for
>  off camera ttl operation ala Nikon SC17? Thanks for any information.

There is a wide array of TTL cords and connectors available for use with the
T series flashes. You need a camera body that has or accepts a TTL flash
connector on it. I believe the OM-2S, OM-3 (no TTL with this camera, though),
OM-3Ti, OM-4, OM-4T, and OM-4Ti all have the connectors built in to the body.
The OM-2 accepts the TTL Auto Connector 3, and the OM-1n (again, no TTL with
this camera) and OM-2n accept the TTL Auto Connector 4. There are various
lengths of TTL cord available, from 0.1M to 5M, and there is a TTL
multi-connector, which has 4 TTL connectors on it and allows for connection
of up to 3.

There is no TTL cable option for the original OM-1. I had heard (I think it
was from John H.) that you can use a shoe 3 in place of the shoe 1 on an OM-1
if you cut off the TTL pin. I would assume that you could do the same with a
TTL Connector 3. All you would get is X-synch, but you'd have the flexibility
of the cords.

The T32, T45, and T Power Control 1 all have TTL connections built in. For
the T20 you need a TTL Connector T20, which are no longer made and hard to
find.

Another option, again no longer made, is the Duo-Synch cords, which plug into
the hot shoe and provide a hot shoe at the other end of the cord for the
flash. These would work with any OM body (including the "consumer" models).
If you put a T32 on a Duo-Synch you would now have a TTL connector (built
into the flash) for connecting more T flashes.

Having said all that, if you are asking about the F280 flash, then none of
this applies and I can't be of any help.

Paul Schings