Re: [OM] Painting With Light, Instant Sun???

Subject: Re: [OM] Painting With Light, Instant Sun???
From: "Garry D. Lewis" <glewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:08:16 -0500
For those that are interested in Flashbulbs and/or flasbulb photography, here
are a few websites--

http://www.graflex.org/flash/meggaflash/
ttp://www.flashbulbs.com/Default.htm
http://www.graflex.org/flash/o-winston-link.html

As yet, I haven't found a site that talks about the old "big shots" that were
pictures made with string upon strings of flashbulbs.

My old photojournalism teacher was  the last Napa Register photographer to use
Flashbulbs. He would carry the M3's in the
pockets of his coat. He was always careful to reach SLOWLY into his cordory
jacket ever since that winter day he DIDN"T and static electricity set off
about four bulbs. He ended up with a scorched and plastic covered hand.
    Once a student challenge him to a "shoot off " as too who had the most
light output- bulbs or a Strobonar! They both met, at night, at a city
street. They both , using the same camera and lense, took a picture with their
flash and with the camera set on "B". When the negatives were printed,
the Bulb photo had lite more area than the electronic powerhouse.

BTW did I mention that my Jr. College speech class copetition entry was "The
history of Flash". Course that was back in 1968.

                                                                yours stepping
down from the nostalgia box,

                Garry D. Lewis