Re: [OM] Digital 'dis & 'dat

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital 'dis & 'dat
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:52:12 -0500
On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 01:13:36PM -0700, Phillip Franklin wrote:
> It's my opiion that Minolta's scanners have and still do offer by far
> the most bang for the buck.  This includes all of them.  I've used three
> different models and they all work fine on both Macs & Windows.

...as long as you use an Adaptec SCSI controller.

(Sorry, but I just can't let this go by without pointing out what STILL
seems to me to be a major bug in Minolta's implementation. Now that I've
been around SCSI in a lab environment, where making things work together is
the name of the game, I'm more convinced than ever that a device that
requires one particular brand of SCSI controller - and won't even work with
all of the controllers put out by that manufacturer - is fundamentally
broken. We go to great lengths to insist from every manufacturer that makes
SCSI devices that they work with all of our SCSI controllers, and we use
more than just Adaptec chipsets.)