Re: [OM] A new (used) OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] A new (used) OM-4T
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:32:02 +1000
George M. Anderson wrote

> If you're a B&W
> zone system shooter, the 4T multispot and hilite and shadow buttons
> are perfect.

This keeps getting repeated everywhere... but the Zone System
does *not* involve averaging readings, only measuring contrast
range.

I don't shoot B&W, but I do use John Shaw's variant of the Zone
System for shooting colour transparencies. I prefer the OM-2SP
for this (fewer controls to work), though I agree that with the
OM-4 being able to lock in the spot reading and use the aperture
ring as a depth of field dial is handy, as are the stepless
speeds. On the OM-4, watch out for the camera throwing away your
auto spot readings after 2 minutes - "memo" prevents this, but it
drains the batteries with that annoying flashing LED, and you
have to remember to clear it after releasing the shutter.