Re: [OM] Film Scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Scanners
From: "Chris Barker" <christopher.barker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 14:32:54 +0200
The UK's voltage, at 230-240v, is different from that in the USA (110-120v), but
close enough to Continental Europe's 220v.

British kettles boil more slowly in Germany though ;-)

You can buy small transformers which will enable you to use a US machine in the
UK (I did for ages with an Atari colour monitor); even the different AC
frequencies don't matter (50 vs 60 Hz).  But what excuse do any manufacturers of
consumer electronics machines for not putting in voltage- and frequency-tolerant
power supplies?  Apple Macs have done so for at least 7 years.

Chris

~~ ><>
Chris Barker
Mailto: cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx & mailto: cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx