[OM] OM-2n trouble solved!

Subject: [OM] OM-2n trouble solved!
From: Dirk and Carla Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:17:05 -0500
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK, I think I fixed this camera. At least the shutter speed wierdness. When
I took the shutter speed ring off, and then the gear/pulley thing, I didn't
put it back exactly on the same place on the switch at the bottom of the
camera. It just so happens that when you put it too far one way, such that
the switch gear engages at the wrong place on the big pulley/gear, the high
speeds don't work! I put it back and they all work now, including bulb. I
checked the 1/60th speed on a TV screen and it appears to be OK.

Something else that was strange about this camera was a diode that someone
had installed between the negative battery terminal and the chassis via one
of the mounting screws for the battery holder. I figured that this was not
Olympus oem, so I removed it. Why would someone do that? was this to
prevent the electronics from blowing if the battery were installed
backwards?

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright