Re: [OM] OM-2n trouble solved!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n trouble solved!
From: Dirk and Carla Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 20:54:04 -0500
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 5:45 PM -0400 10/23/99, HI100@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Dirk,
>   The problem here is with only 2 cells (~3V) reducing the supply to 2.4V by
>adding a series diode leaves very little voltage to run the amplifiers.  So
>the reverse connection diode is a good compromise protecting the amplifiers
>from user error and not throwing away the nvery limited supply resources.

yeah, that's right, forgot about the voltage drop across the diode. It
still didn't look oem to me. The diode is a 1N4001, BTW. So, I guess if you
put the battery in backwards with the diode connected between the + and -
terminals, it would short out the battery, which could acutally be fairly
bad, since it make the battery heat up really fast. It would still provide
0.6 volts in the opposite polarity to the circuits, at least until the
battery died. I guess I'll just have to be careful about installing it.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright