[OM] New Lens Tests

Subject: [OM] New Lens Tests
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 16:27:50 EDT
Hi all:

It has been a while since I posted any more lens tests.  While there is
nothing new here, I have four retests just posted.  All are with a OM-2000
using mirror and diaphram prefire.

50mm f/1.4 MC Zuiko (mid production cycle, partial multicoated version)
50mm f/1.4 Zuiko (later fully multicoated version)
400mm f/6.3 Zuiko (multicoated)
400mm f/5.6 Noflexar (for the Novoflex system)

I've been shooting with the Noflexar for the last three months and found the
images to be exceptional wide open.  Based on a previous test of another
sample, I didn't expect it to be as good wide open.  I suspect the previous
sample had image deterioration due to OM-1 shutter kick.  As an aside, my 14
year old son thought that carrying the lens at a zoo was real cool.  It is so
different from anything people see that it attracted all sorts of attention -
just the sort of thing a 14 year old revels in.  He is about ready for a
camera of his own, but, alas, the extra one of these I have is an old screw
thread model with a Nikon mount.  I'm not wanting to get him into Nikon when
the whole rest of the family is into Olympus OM . . .

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV
http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm