Re: [OM] tripods, again.

Subject: Re: [OM] tripods, again.
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:58:23 +0000
Just got the 3021 legs and their new 4310 pan head (a.k.a. 329) which is
capacity rated about the same as the 3047 pan head only shorter and lighter
in weight.  The head uses a new rectangular plate versus the traditional
polygon which might be a drawback for some who have other Bogen heads.  The
legs are *very* sturdy yet relatively light weight as is the pan head.
It's a real pleasure to have a tripod I don't have to bend down to look
through a viewfinder . . . and finally have something that *easily*
supports the medium format beast.  If you are considering some outdoor
wildlife or other use where chrome legs are a concern, they do have a
black, and I believe a light olive green version of the same legs (for a
few more shekels).

Never been much a fan of ball heads, but that is a personal preference.
Someone else will have to fill you in on them.
-- John