Re: [OM] Low light photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Low light photography
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:41:18 -0700
==I think whoever wrote that is really out to lunch. I'd love to hear where
you
read it, if you remember.===

Denton,
Remember, I read it not said it.  :-)
I can't remember but it was in a photo publication.

===I have extensive outdoors experience with medium format. I have used SLRs
like
the RZ and RB and have never been able to get truly sharp prints at less
than
1/250. I have also used RF and TLRs woth more success; with a Mamiya 7 and
C330
I was able to go down to about 1/60 pretty well. A lot has to do with the
substantial mirror slap of MF SLRs.===

I am contemplating trying it anyway.
1/60 would be my slowest attempt with a 645 and 80mm lens.
I would match it up against a 35mm and 50mm lens at 1/60.

===With 35mm SLRs I can do 1/30 pretty easily and 1/15 if I really
concentrate.
With Leica M it's 1/15 and 1/8. Again, probably the mirror is the
difference.=====

Would it not depend on the lens attatched?

===Taking the below to its ultimate conclusion, if I mount an 8x10 view
camera on
a shoulder stock I can shoot at 1/2 second since a contact print is not
enlarged at all!====

Not really the ultimate conclusion in this case.
I was relating a theory (not mine) about 35mm vs. medium format.
It would make for an interesting sight at the workshop though.  ;-)

Charlie L.