Re: [OM] Eat your heart out ,was [OM] tripods, again.

Subject: Re: [OM] Eat your heart out ,was [OM] tripods, again.
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:59:36 EDT

> ust got back from a weekender to Zion National Park.  WOW!
>  And only 2 1/2 hours away.
>  But get this,  I had a camera bag with 5 lenses and 2 OM's plus
>  other goodies on my shoulder.  Along with this I had a Slick 212
>  universal tripod and a wife.
>  My dear wifey was toting the light weight AF and shooting up a storm.
>  At one point she had posession of the tripod and when we went to
>  continue the hike she said... and I quote,
>  "That's OK, I don't mind carrying the tripod".
>  She carried it all day.  Next trip I am bringing the Bogen 3051 and grip
>  head.
>
>  Charlie L.

I'll refrain from making burro jokes out of deference to your wife, my wife
and all wives but I'm tired of packing my 3221 more than a couple of hundred
yards from the car. Last Wednesday I carried it for four hours and I'm
getting too old for this abuse to the bod. I'm looking at the Velbon CF,
which is $499 with magnesium head at a local store.  Does anyone out there
use a CF (whether Gitzo or elsewise)?

Warren