Re: [OM] olympus contacts

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus contacts
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 06:51:28 -0400
You might try searching the IBM patent database at:

http://www.patents.ibm.com/

In addition to the US patents (full text and drawings) they also have
abstracts of Japanese patents.  Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how
to search the Japanese abstracts by company.  I think, however, that
most Japanese patents are also filed in the US.

Anyhow, I was easily able to search the US patent database and quickly
determined that Oly has about 4400 patents filed in the US.  Grabbing
one at random showed what appeared to be the basis for the Vari-Magni
finder or something similar.  Have fun!

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA