[OM] National Parks and Buses

Subject: [OM] National Parks and Buses
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:33:22 -0700
I wrote,
About buses
>I don't like that personally but for everyone else it is a good idea  :-)

and I think it was misunderstood by George who made very good points
about the downside of buses.

It was a tongue in cheek comment that we should get rid
of the traffic except for *ME. (joke)
Not that I feel it is a bad idea (which I do) and everyone else thinks it is
good.

Some of the trouble with cars when it is crowded is traffic control,
parking and breakdowns that cause traffic jams.
Buses are bad for the reasons George stated and also because
it puts everyone on a schedule.  OK Folks, we have 1/2 hour.
Enjoy your hike to Angels Landing. :-(
That tripod does not fit in the rack.  Leave it here. :-(
Last bus into the park leaves at 4:23 PM. :-(
You can go on tour A or tour C.  Tour B is closed due to a bad clutch. :-(

Another answer that is thrown around is limiting the number of daily
visitors.
Not on the day I arrive late I hope!

My question is this, is the problem crowds, pollution or both?
Maybe if we had some good suggestions we could submit them to
the parks dept. as a group.  We may even be able to do it with the
help of the Sierra club or other group.