Re: [OM] Traffic in National Parks (was "eat your heart out...")

Subject: Re: [OM] Traffic in National Parks (was "eat your heart out...")
From: Steve Schaffner <sfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:25:43 -0500 (EDT)
> Actually more people should go off season (not summer).
> Spread it out, change your vacation time.

Another solution is to go to a different park.  Yosemite is far more
crowded than many of the other U.S. national parks and national
monuments.  I've been to Sequoia, King's Canyon, Lassen and Death
Valley National Parks and Dinosaur National Monument in the last few
years, and none of them was badly crowded.  King's Canyon, in
particular, was nearly deserted both times I've visited (admittedly,
not during the peak season).

Steve Schaffner
sfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx