RE: [OM] pinhole OM

Subject: RE: [OM] pinhole OM
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:22:34 +0800
Dirk wrote:

> OK folks, I have a special pinhole for my OM-2n. It's made
> from a body cap,
> where the center was drilled out and a pinhole plate was
> glued in place. It
> is supposedly 50mm f/185. Obviously, there is no aperture
> connector to the
> body or meter in the camera. So, I tried setting the film
> speed to 400, the
> switch to auto, and cocked the shutter and released it. The
> shutter opened,
> stayed open for about a minute, then closed. Was this an
> acurate exposure?
> Can I rely on this camera to give correct exposures or do I
> have go to my
> pinhole charts? Any help is appreciated.

What is correct exposure ?  I would assume that if the exposure time is less
than the normal time the shutter would stay open with NO light then it's
probably in the right ball park, without taking into account reciprocity
failure.

By the way, was there any image visible through the viewfinder with this set
up ?

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/