[OM] Serial Number Question

Subject: [OM] Serial Number Question
From: Jeffrey E Bellin <jeffbellin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:36:58 EDT
Hi,

I'm usually just sitting back reading all your messages, but once in a
while I have a qusestion of my own that maybe you can answer.

I've seen in a couple of notes that people refer to early production and
late production 2s's for example when they refer to possible quirks in
the cameras that may have been fixed in the later ones. I have a 2s and a
4 and am just wondering did the serial numbers start at 1 on these
cameras and how many did Olympus produce? Also, how far down the
production line does it usually take to iron out the bugs in a camera?

Thanks again,

Jeff Bellin
Newton, MA