Re: [OM] pinhole OM

Subject: Re: [OM] pinhole OM
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:50:49
At 07:51 AM 10/28/99 EDT, you wrote:

>Theoretically you should get a good exposure. An OM-2n, when metering in
auto
>mode, doesn't care what the actual aperture is. It just measures the light
>reaching the film and integrates it over time.

All right! that's great.

An exposure that long probably
>will require adjustment for reciprocity failure.

right, I can use the exposure compensation dial for this, correcto?

How much will depend on what
>kind of film you are using. I presume you had film in the camera for this
>test? If not, then the results won't be indicative of the true exposure,
>since the meter is reading off of the black pressure plate and not the film.

nope, no film, just fooling around in the camera bag.

>BTW, where did you get the pinhole plate? Or did you make it? I have a box
>full of body caps I might want to try this with. A lot of the third party
>ones are nice and flat (unlike the OEM Oly's) which should be easier to
mount
>the pinhole on.

They are readily available from Calumet and the Pinhole Resource, both are
on the web. Calumet is less expensive.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright