Re: [OM] Oly at the PhotoPlus show

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly at the PhotoPlus show
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 22:29:39 -0700
Yeah, I know what you mean.  I called the accessories dept in NY/NJ 2
weeks ago to see if I could get the OEM lenscap for my new(used)180/2
(which will soon be on it's way, John).  Went something like this:

"Yeah, hi, I'd like to buy a lenscap for my 180 F2"
"Uhh, which camera is that?"
"It's not a camera, it's a lens."
"A lens for which camera?"
"Um, well it fits lots of different cameras."
"Uhh .. what cameras?"
"OM cameras"
"Uhh let's see, which camera is that?"
"Like I said, it's several cameras. You know, OM-4T, OM-3T. This lens
fits any one of them."
"OM4T3T (pause)... OH (light bulb!) you're talking about the SLRs! The
ones with changeable lenses."
"Er, yeah, that's what I'm talking about."

After several more back & forths to try to get thru what lens I'm
talking about, he is finally able to figure out .... who to ask about
these interchangeable thingys!  After 5 minutes I finally find out Oly
has tossed all the OEM leather/zippered lens caps.  They do have a
'usual' type of flat cap with the tabs ... for $60.

On another note, thanks to Denton for the word from the show.  Wouldn't
it be great if Olympus brings a 35mm interchangeable lens camera to
market which takes Zuikos and has a high-end digital capability? Here's
one for ya, Acer:  "Helplessly hoping ...."

George