Re: [OM] Oly at the PhotoPlus show

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly at the PhotoPlus show
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:27:15 EDT
Denton,

I stopped by there also (photoplus show and Oly booth), and was equally
unimpressed.  My question to the rep there was whether Oly was going to keep
the OM system going or were they going to let it go.   I was told that this was
a "controversy" right now because, as the rep continued (in tortured english),
that the line was very expensive to produce and the volume was not there (we've
heard this before).  Because the place was such a zoo I didn't get to follow up
with any digital questions.   I did overhear that one of the customer support
guys supporting OM is moving to digital - Pat McFarlane.  That leaves just good
ol Vince Marino to help out us dinosaurs ;-)

Also met Mike Johnson from Photo Techniques Magazine.  Nice guy.

Regards,

Greg Logiodice
www.gplphotography.com