[OM] Camcane - monopod

Subject: [OM] Camcane - monopod
From: "Chris Barker" <christopher.barker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 07:45:38 +0200
> Walking sticks! You mean you don't use a monpod? :-)
>

> At 09:09 AM 10/29/99 -0700, you wrote:
>

>>I agree and one nice thing I noticed at Zion is with the camp grounds
>>and hikers they have put in a good rule.  "No wood gathering".
>>That is no firewood and no walking sticks.  Good for the little crawlies
>>and things that make the eco system work.
>>There is a spot at the beginning /end of a trail where you need to wade
>>upstream to get to the narrows.  There is a pile of raw walking sticks
>>that, apparently, hikers return for others to use.
>>

> ________________________________
> Regards,
> Denton Taylor

Good opportunity Denton for me to mention my Camcane (available from Billingham
- www.billingham.co.uk I believe).  They are the bag people (and coats etc...).

It is a carbon fibre (I think) walking stick with an extensible inner.  Mine has
a ball top on which fits a rubber cup which screws into the camera's tripod
bush.  But I also have the "hunter" attachment, a hard rubber rest on which you
can rest a longer lens. I also have a leather and elastic shoulder strap which I
can use to carry it when not wading up streams ;-).  The Camcane is quite
stylish and extremely useful for steadying the little OMs - as well as being
light like the cameras.

Chris

~~ ><>
Chris Barker