[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1217

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1217
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 11:28:45 EST

<< Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:53:35 EDT
 From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
 Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 24mm shift

 I fully agree that the cash is best spent on Large Format equipment vs.
using
 OM System 24mm shift lenses.  In my limited, one month experience with the
 24mm Shift, I found that I could set up a view camera in about the same time
 it took to get the 24mm Shift mounted and correctly positioned.  The 24mm

 Garry, I solved the zuiko 24mm shift lens problems buy buying a N*K*N 28mm
shift (they call it a PC) lens...  The difference between 28mm and 24mm isn't
much and I got the 28mm for $600 from KEH.  It is manual focus, the front
element doesn't stick out, is built rugged,  and so is safe enought in the
bag.  I bought a body to go with it and still payed much less than half the
cost of of the Zuiko 24 alone......

If you can get a gig with a local realitor, this lens may actually pay for
itself.

BTW I was at the NY photo show on saturday.  The Boston Calumet arranged a
bus trip  - complete with movies, meals and other goodies. It was a ball.
Next week is the HUNT SHOW IN BOSTON....  (Hummm, so many toys, so little
time and money!)

Cheers

Ken M