Re: [OM] Problems with Olympus America

Subject: Re: [OM] Problems with Olympus America
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 20:30:25 -0800
Gary Reese wrote,

=====Well, let me tell you this.  After meeting Susan Schaffer (Director of
Marketing - Imaging Products - Olympus America Inc.) at the PMA show in
Vegas, I supplied her (via the e-mail address on her business card) the
URL's
for all the neat stuff we have produced on the OM System.  I never got a
response of any sort back from her.  Thus, I doubt anyone at Olympus America
even cares to see what is on the Internet regarding the OM System.  It's not
just her lack of response that leads me to that conclusion - it's the lack
of
response from others at Olympus America, too.  =======

And why should they care.  Olympus like all other companies of stature are
concerned with bigger things.  Things like what is the next big thing,  what
can we hawk for the "new millenium" (oh please, am I sick of that).
Digital, APS, ZLR, all good stuff but not the classic photo equipment we
have come to cherish.  If it is new 35mm traditional photographic tools
you seek, ------GO ELSEWHERE!!!----------
There I said it!!!
I admit to myself that the OM system is a dead issue among the powers that
be
at Olympus Japan who must hold rank over all others.
Besides if the line was continued or supported most of us could not afford
it anyway.

Charlie L.
leaving the soap box weeping.