Re: english (US) terminology/phrase? was Re: [OM] Problems with Olympus

Subject: Re: english (US) terminology/phrase? was Re: [OM] Problems with Olympus America
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 08:59:59
At 10:02 PM 10/31/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I've heard this mentioned more than once..."soap box"...what does that
>mean? I'm not from this culture (US), so I don't know. Anyone?

it's from the last century, or early this century, where a person would
stand on a soap box (soap in those days came in wood boxes) on the street
and make an impassioned speech about some current event. probably used by
people running for local offices. otherwise known as a "soapbox orator."

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright