Re: [OM] OM4 or T

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 or T
From: Wayne Shumaker <wayne@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 11:56:05 -0500
The OM4 I had, even though the idle current was not bad, still eats
batteries. There is a circuit problem with some OM4's and I am not sure
what it is. It's more than just running at a higher current rate, since
that should simply mean the batteries would only last 1/3 as long, not
just every other roll of film. My suspicion is that something is not
turning off properly during normal use. If anyone knows the difference
between the OM4 and 4t circuits, I would like to know. What exactly did
they change between the models? I have been studying some circuits via
the patents that Duncan pointed out some time ago:

>Have a look at

>http://www.patents.ibm.com/details?pn=US04618238__&language=en

>for details on the OM4
>(for more enlightenment search for 'maitani' under Inventors)

>     duncan

This gives a very detailed description of the OM-4(t) electronics. I am
not sure if these are the OM-4 or 4t circuits. I was hoping to discover
what the fatal battery eating problem was. Maybe I'm hunting for a
needle in a haystack? Unfortunately the circuits do not give resistor
values, only functionality.

My opinion now would be: Get the OM-4t and *if* I ever figure out a fix for
the OM-4, people can send them to me for modification.

Wayne
Hopkinton, MA