Re: [OM] infrared metering

Subject: Re: [OM] infrared metering
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:31:13 +0000
Tim Hughes wrote:

>If the infra-red film is mainly sensitive just outside the
>visible spectrum you may well be able to use the camera on auto.

I thought that you could use auto if the amount of infra-red was
proportional to the amount of visible light.  This is presumably why it is
suggested that you rate Kodak IR b&w film at 400asa (before making any
adjustments for filters) and bracket, and why it is less predictable in
shaded/overcast conditions when the proportion of IR is less predictable.

Simon E.