Re: [OM] Re: oz on top

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: oz on top
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04 Nov 1999 07:05:19 +1000
Paul Tierney <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake
thusly:

> >Up and down are only relative (but relative to what ?) - I like to think of
> >us being on top and you lot below.
>
> If you're on top in Oz then to mainitain the sequence of the sun rising in
> the east and setting in the west, the onward march of the seasons etc, you

Why? "East" is <*that way*>, face the north pole (wave to the
penguins) and look left.  East.  If you think it should be to the
right, you're just upside down, or using a revisionist doublespeak
south-hemisphere dictionary. :-)

> On a more serious subject: at least you ozzies have decided that its about
> time for a vote on the question of a monarchy. This is a luxury which in
> our so-called democracy in the UK we don't have. Whether you vote for or
> against, at least you have the choice.

Noooooooo!  My last refuge of non-referendum-related discussion goes
out the window.  All the saturation propaganda bombing is driving me spare...

Chris if-you-really-want-to-know---yes Biggs

--
| Christopher Biggs email:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Linux: The choice of a GNU  |
| Stallion Technologies, Queensland, Australia |        Generation.          |