RE: [OM] OM Flash stuff

Subject: RE: [OM] OM Flash stuff
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 07:11:00 +0800
Dirk wrote:

> what has been your experience with "normal auto" thyristor
> type flashes in
> this situation? i remember doing lots of weddings with my
> wife and we used
> these types of flashes with her MF equipment. the photos came
> out ok to us.

My experience with these is much the same as Foxy's.  When using colour neg
film it probably doesn't matter so much as the film has a good latitude for
overexposure and any reasonable lab should expose the print for the faces
rather than integrate the whole frame.  I'm using the good old guide number
calculation method most of the time for situations where there are people
against a distant background.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/