[OM] Shuttle Launch advice

Subject: [OM] Shuttle Launch advice
From: Charles Packard <packardc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 13:11:16 -0600
You're all still here, good!
I am planning a little trip to Florida in early December and am hoping
to see the next shuttle launch on December 2 at 2:00 am.I am in need of
some advice:
1) Where to be positioned for taking photographs.
2) How to set the exposure for a nightime launch.
One thought I had is to double-expose a frame, one while the shuttle is
sitting on the pad, the second right after the engines start (before it
leaves the pad). I'm thinking that if the shuttle doesn't move too much
when the engines start I should get pretty good results.
I'll be packing my OM1, 2n and maybe the OM2000. along with 2x
teleconverter, 200 f4, 70-210, 35-70, 55 f1.2, 28 f3.5 and 100 f2.8
lenses and of course tripods and other gear.
P.S. If any list members also plan to be there and would like to get
together I'm game just email me before November 29th.
-Charles Packard
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin