Re: [OM] ADITL entry(ish)/Minolta Scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] ADITL entry(ish)/Minolta Scanner
From: "Chris Barker" <christopher.barker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 09:51:34 +0100
> Hi folks,

> I've finally got the Minolta D'Image film scanner up and working.  However,
> I'm struggling to extract shadow detail from it.  Now I know Velvia/Sensia are
> contrasty films with high D-max, but even relatively prominent detail is not
> being picked up.  If I try to alter the histograms or brightness/contrast I
> end up with a wishy-washy image.  I've tried importing it into PSP5 and
> Photoshop LE with no success.  Any suggestions?

> As a result of acquiring the aforementioned scanner, I can now present my
> only-slightly-after-deadline ADITL2 entry.  You can find it at:

> http://www.mawddwy.freeserve.co.uk/aditl2.htm

> Simon E.

Simon

What do you mean "tried importing it into PSP5 ... with no success."?  With my
setup, you import the plugin into PSP5 LE (that came with it) so that once you
have scanned it is *in* PSP.  Do you use a Wintel machine and is it different?

I have had a look at your "dewdrops on grass", and the colour and composition
are lovely.  But there is blocking in the dark parts at the top; is this because
I have only thousands of colours on my monitor/computer (need more VRAM)?

Chris

~~ ><> Chris Barker Mailto: cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx or mailto: cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx