Re: [OM] ... irritating lug....

Subject: Re: [OM] ... irritating lug....
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 07:30:05 +0000
>Can that lower right hand corner chrome looking strap lug be removed from
>the Winder 2 ? What is for anyway ? Is for a grip strap ? It causes a deep
>mark in the soft ball of my hand whenever I use it.
>
>Where does the other end of the strap connect ?

Yep, you got it; it's for a grip strap.  The other end of the strap
attaches to the right strap lug on the camera body using the same type of
ring as on the neck strap.  As to removal, that requires disassembly of the
winder (which I have never done) or a hack saw to chop it off (reduces
resale value).  The original strap has a wide leather (or leatherette)
portion that goes over the back of the hand and its length is adjustable.

I saw something posted about how to remove it on an Oly site long ago (for
the same reason mentioned) . . . but cannot remember which one it was or
the method used.

-- John