Re: [OM] Travel Kit was, Future ADITL events -> voting

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel Kit was, Future ADITL events -> voting
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 16:18:28 +0000
>My question to the group is this,
>how many of you depend on one body (camera that is)
>and how many always carry a back up?

I typically take four cameras and a tripod on a "road" trip, but only take
the OM-10 body in addition to the OM-4 if I need two types of film *and*
the ability to change lenses (no additional lenses for the other three).

The standard road kit (in two bags) consists of:
 - OM-4 with wide and tele lenses, shift lens, ext tubes, 2xTC & winder
 - 645 with 80mm lens
 - Rollei 35S
 - ZI Contax IIIa with standard 50mm lens
 - tripod with QR plates and stuff for panoramics

Airline trips are a different story . . . no tripod and only one bag with
two cameras.

I occasionally use the OM-10 locally if the OM-4 is loaded with the wrong
film, but don't use it as a backup body.  There's enough hardware already
the show will go on (likely not as originally intended).  If I were
shooting professionally there would be a backup 2n, 2s or 4 body.

Curious if the pros on the list who shoot events (receptions, bar mitvahs
weddings, etc.) always take a MF and some 120 film even if there is no plan
to use it?

> I almost always have a tripod in the trunk (boot).
> Weather I use it or not depends on if my wife is there with me. ;-)

What a lucky man you are to have a wife willing to carry the tripod for you
<g>.  I don't bother with mine if the other half is with me.  Went out
early this morning without adult supervision and was able to use it
shooting panoramics.

-- John