Re: [OM] What Scanners are being used?

Subject: Re: [OM] What Scanners are being used?
From: Tom Trottier <tom@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 17:29:41 -0500
Our photo club is considering buying a 35mm film scanner.
How is the Canon?

At 12:15 1999/11/05 -0500, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
>ON scanning in general and dynamic range clipping: One interesting
>phenomenon I have observed in a recent sunset slide I scanned is that
>the individual colors may start to clip in different parts of the
>photograph, such that you will get color contours. For example, around
>the sun, the red would start to clip, leaving blue and green, which
>produces a very pronounced yellow. The effect to the eye is seen as

Does altering the histogram for the red channel help the scan?

As a general question, if you reduce the contrast, does ANY scanner still
have the complete range of brightness steps, or does it just eliminate the
top and/or bottom values and rescale the rest, leading to banding?

------------------
From:Tom Trottier,
    __o  TomTrottier@xxxxxxxxxxx
  _ \<   "Make it as simple as possible, but no simpler" - Einstein
(*)/'(*)

My personal phone number has changed from 613 594-4829  to 613 291-1168

My personal address from Sept. 1 to Oct 31, 1999 will be:
  400 Slater St, Suite 1616,
  Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7

My address from Nov 1 on will be:
  400 Slater St, Suite 415,