Re: [OM] Oly body + teleconverter questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly body + teleconverter questions
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 07:27:19 -0800 (PST)
Cc: rghos@xxxxxxxxxxx
  It's time to chime in for my favorite, the plain
OM1, or OM1n. This is a lovely all mechanical marvel,
even if you decide on the 2n or PC, obtain a good
clean body of this type. Advantages? Fully mechanical,
if the battery quits, all you lose is the meter(I know
list, the 2000 has a mechanical shutter too, but its
just not the same is it). I dont know just how to
express this but the OM1 feels and sounds good in the
hands. The 1's have interchangeable screens and mirror
lock up. If you do decide on a OM1,  consider
investing the money necessary to have John H. overhaul
it and convert it to use a silver oxide battery. I
hope all this advice you're getting (mine included)
isn't confusing you, but hang in there, the one thing
we're full of is advice.

--- "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>

=====