RE: [OM] ... irritating lug....

Subject: RE: [OM] ... irritating lug....
From: "M. Stephens" <mike1964@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 14:46:57 -0600
It can be modified, but not removed.  You have to disassemble the bottom
portion of the winder, and then unscrew the lug, which serves as part of the
physical connection between the two pieces of the bottom of the winder body.
You can take it out, cut off the protruding portion, smooth the remaining
edge with a file or grinder, and then put it back in as it serves as a
bracket to hold the bottom together.