Re: [OM] (Fwd) OM40/PC and Winder 2

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) OM40/PC and Winder 2
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:54:09 -0000
Paul Reynolds wrote:

Could anyone explain why a winder 2 I purchased recently does not work with
the OM40? I tried the same Winder with an OM10 and it works fine. There are
3 contacts on the OM40, only 2 on the OM10 and winder. Does this make any
difference?

It should work - my OM-40 and Winder 2 work together. I don't think anyone
has explained the purpose of that third contact. Apart from cleaning up the
contacts (including checking for good metal-to-metal contact between the
bottom plate of the camera and its fixing screws) I can't think of anything.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
http://homepages.which.net/~k.berry