Re: [OM] Zion NP photo shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] Zion NP photo shoot
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 15:15:16 +1100
Dave

would love to know how you get on at Zion with your trip - could you write us a little piece when you get back (and maybe stick some shots on the OM gallery?) I was at Zion three years ago and would love to go back. We only had one day there which is pitifully inadequate. We did a 20 day drive-yourself tour of the south west and packed heaps in (we visited all the Nat Parks/Monuments and some of the State parks SF, LA, pacific coast, Vegas), but all it did was wet the appetite to go back.

It is a long, long way from Oz!  You guys in the US are soooooooo spoilt!

I didn't have a Grad ND filter with me at Zion and really missed it - I would definitely not visit without a couple (ND2, ND4) next time.

Hope you enjoy your trip...!

green with envy
peter

Zuiks,

I'm taking the week before Christmas off and plan on taking a quick trip to
southern Utah to hit Zion NP (definitely) and Bryce Canyon (possibly).
Anyone been there that can tell me where to stay, where to go, what I can
expect for weather, etc.?  I'd appreciate any input you might have.

I'll be taking the whole OM crew of bodies & lenses and something medium
format -- either the C330F or the RZ, though the RZ w/lenses seems a bit
daunting to carry in a backpack along with my trusty OMs.

BTW -- George M.:  I owe you some of my Antelope Canyon shots from last
March.  If you'll send me your email address I'll get 'em to you.

TIA!

Dave