RE: [OM] Zion NP photo shoot

Subject: RE: [OM] Zion NP photo shoot
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 06:03:53 -0600
Peter,

Ha!  Asking me to provide a write-up on a photo trip is right up there with
asking a Zuikoholic if he wants a free Zuiko 180, provided you give him the
matching filters <g>!  Yes, I will.  Shots on the gallery will be provided
if I'm even remotely happy with the results -- there's some pretty awesome
stuff in the gallery already from our fellow listees.

Last March a friend of mine and I drove from Austin, TX up to Moab, UT and
shot a lot of Arches NP, Canyon de Chelly and Antelope Canyon in Arizona
with my trusty OM1n (for shooting) and my OM2s (for metering & backup).
 The Antelope Canyon stuff is about the only thing I was happy with.  Too
many tourists in Arches even in March -- I've got a bunch of shots I can
call "Still Life with Tourists" or "Overpopulation in National Parks".
 March is definitely not the time to go -- THOUSANDS of little people
running around with little cameras, all of them managing to find their way
into the view from my lens... <g>  From what the locals in Moab said,
mid-February is the time to go -- the weather is decently warm and the
teeming masses of tourists don't show up until mid-March.  If I can scam my
clients into being self-sufficient for a week or so, I'll be up there for
Valentine's day.

*We're* spolt?!  You guys have the Great Barrier Reef down (up) there!
 Yeah, I'm a diver as well...

Adding a grad ND filter to my shopping list,

Dave