Re: [OM] Zion NP photo shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] Zion NP photo shoot
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 12:50:24 EST
Dave B. writes:

I'm taking the week before Christmas off and plan on taking a quick trip to
southern Utah to hit Zion NP (definitely) and Bryce Canyon (possibly).
 Anyone been there that can tell me where to stay, where to go, what I can
expect for weather, etc.?  I'd appreciate any input you might have.

The snow will probably be accumulating along the road through Bryce and you
might encounter a snowstorm, with highs in the 30's.  Light visitation and
beautiful wintery scenes will accompany you, though.  There is a fine and
reasonable motel in Tropic called the International something.  It seems the
biggest in town.

For Zion NP, I'd just stay in St. George or Hurricane.  Probably no need for
reservations - lots of motel options, ranging from inexpensive Motel 6 to the
more plush Best Western.  Zion will probably be snow-free in the valley with
highs of around 50 and lows at or below freezing.  The high country is
intermediate with Bryce NP: snow pockets and chilly.

There have been a few motels spring up between Zion and Bryce, but there are
scant services and I've never stayed at one.

Have fun.  BTW, St. George offers E6 processing at Camera County on the east
end of St. George Blvd.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV